Just a few tips on low to no cost tips that can help you achieve your level of wanted wellness. Wellness means much more than the absence of illness. it is a way of living that emphasizes preventative measures. The premise of wellness is that you can live a health, long, and active life. All that is needed is your desire to do so. You can start today with implementing just one of these tips per day over the next ten days. At the end of the ten days, you will feel healthier and will have made positive changes to your lifestyle.
1. Eliminate tobacco and reduce alcohol use. Both rob the body of vital nutrients and increase the possibility of developing disease.
2.Exercise 30 minute 3-4 times per week. Adding a 30 minute walk is all you need to do. Not fancy equipment or gym fees. Exercise reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease and aids in the increase of energy which can help reduce weight.
3. Wash your hands with soap and water frequently and avid touching your mouth and nose, especially during cold and flu season.
4. Practice breathing, correctly, on a daily basis. What is the proper way to breathe? While there are many ways to breathe for specific purposes generally speaking, correct breathing is by the use of the diaphragm, breathing in through your nose, holding the breath for 3-5 seconds, and exhaling, again through the nose, until all of the air has been exhaled. The reasoning behind the nose breathing is to increase nitric oxide.
5. Eat 5-7 servings of fresh vegetables and 2-5 servings of fruit each day. The more vegetables and fruits you eat the less other foods you will want. They are good for your digestive tract, provide need nutrients, and helps reduce weight.
6. Limit "highly processed" foods such as: canned foods, refined flour and sugar, and high fructose corn syrup. Most of these types of foods are low on nutrition, high in fats, and sodium, and high in food additives.
7. Eat whole grain foods, unsalted nuts and seeds daily. Whole grains are rich in proteins and fiber. Nuts are rich in "healthy fats" and protein.
8. Wean yourself off of soft drinks (diet and regular). Soft drinks add extra pounds, damage the liver, contribute to tooth decay, linked to kidney stones and kidney disease, can contribute to type II diabetes, heartburn, acid reflux and impaired digestion, are linked to osteoporosis, causes high blood pressure, and increases the risk of heart disease.
9. Drink 6-8 ounces of filtered water daily. water aids in the elimination of toxins, decreases appetite, and hydrates the body. Generally, it is considered wise to drink 1/2 ounce per 1 pound of body weight.
10. Enjoy life. Have some fun on a regular basis. research shows that people who have fun decrease their chances of developing disease of all sources.
Making these ten changes to your lifestyle may add years to your life. Why not give it try. Hopefully, most of the tips above have already been included in your daily routine.
To you, Good Health.